Monday, March 5, 2012

Wabbit Season, Duck Season, Camaro Season...




For those of you who remember the classic Bugs Bunny cartoon, you will remember Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck arguing about what hunting season it is, hence the title of this post. This winter has been a particularly good one for my photography. In addition to the "usual" haunts (Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, for example) I have had a really good car show season.




What's that you say? Car show season? Well, sure. The summer months in Florida bring wonderfully predictable afternoon storms, which do a great job of keeping the classics parked safely in a nice garage. This time of year, car folks get the chance to bring their rolling automotive works of art out of the garage for folks like me to capture images of them.




I have to admit that I had gotten away from going to car shows on a regular basis. I'd hit the big ones, the Winter Park Concours d'Elegance and the Turkey Run in Daytona, but I had stopped going to smaller car shows. The timing of many of them competed with prime wildlife photography time (for me that's Saturday mornings). Well, time and circumstances have drawn me back to the car shows, and I couldn't be happier. I have had the opportunity to meet a bunch of nice people and shoot lots of pix of timeless classics.




This presents a bit of a dilemma; what to shoot? I think I can find a happy medium between wildlife and machines, I just haven't quite figured it out yet but I am going to try. In fact, sunrise at Lake Woodruff while on my way to Bike Week in Daytona sounds pretty good. That would actually be shooting wildlife all day, just different types...




Remember, if you're not having fun while you're out shooting you are probably doing something wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment