Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Burnin' For You...

It's funny how song titles seem to capture a lot of my post ideas.  If you're not familiar with Burnin' For You, it's a song by Blue Oyster Cult, a band from my old stomping grounds (Long Island).  The song itself has nothing to do with today's topic: Burnouts...

Who doesn't love a good burnout?  The smoke, the smell, the display of power all work together to make a burnout great fun.  It's been several years since I've had a car capable of doing a big smoky burnout, so I have to live vicariously through others' burnouts.  This weekend, while I was covering an event at a local drag strip, I got to immerse myself in an extra cool burnout:

Times and tires have changed.  I've never seen a big blue burnout before (although I love the alliteration...).  Besides the obviously cool blue smoke, it was nice to be at ground level to take a few photos.  I know most people tend to shoot burnouts from the front of the car, and that's why I thought I'd shoot some from the back.  Taking the same photo that everyone else is taking may net you a good photo, but it has to be better than everyone else to get noticed.  Stepping away from all the other photographers and taking your own photo sometimes nets you a more interesting photo. 

Coffee break over, time to get back to work.  Happy shooting, and remember: If you're not having fun, you're probably doing something wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment